Bullen Law Chambers - Barristers Direct to the public

Specialist in: Family Private Law Including:

Financial Remedies

From application to finalising the Divorce Settlement/Ending a civil partnership

Financial Dispute Resolution hearing (FDR) Also known as a Financial Dispute Resolution appointment or FDR. ... It is a without prejudice hearing, providing an opportunity for the parties to negotiate a settlement with the input   and assistance of a family judge.

Private Child Law Matters Including

Contact/Residence Proceedings
Domestic Violence:
Non Molestation Orders/
Occupation Orders

Fact Finding Hearings
Interim Injunctions 

Financial Remedies [also known Ancillary relief proceedings]
Advocacy from the first hearing [FDR] to [FDA] and Final Hearings

You can ask a court to make a ‘financial order’ if you can’t reach an agreement. This used to be called an ‘ancillary relief order’. Now known as Financial Remedies Order. 

A Financial Order is the only way to ensure that any financial obligations between you and your ex-are cut. 

Ending a civil partnership.  You can apply to end [dissolve] your civil partnership if you have been in the partnership for a least a year. If you do not want to end the civil partnership, you can get a legal separation so you can live apart.   

Cohabitation Agreements. A cohabitation agreement is a written agreement between parties who have chosen to live together, without being married. A Cohabitation Agreement sorts out current and future financial and property issues prior to cohabitation. 

  • not married to each other;
  • not in a registered civil partnership;
  • not related within the prohibited degrees of relationship; and
  • living together in an intimate and committed relationship.

General Civil Actions Including:

Commercial Law,Contract Law, Property Law, Trusts, Personal Injury 

Professional Negligence, Interim Injunctions, University Disciplinary Hearings

Criminal Law:
Crown Court and Magistrates Court Trials

Motor/Road Traffic Defence


Sentencing -and- Appeals

Written Legal Opinions:  
What you should know before taken any action:

  • What's the law? Have you got a case? What courses of actions are open to you? 

  • You need information and guidance so you can take the right decisions about what to do next.

  • If you're in this position, commissioning a barrister's opinion can be extremely useful when deciding if you should:

  •  Appeal,take or defend an action against you!